Download Electronic Invoice Template for Free
Cloud-based software may sound a bit too complicated, but in fact, you can easily use it for your business. An upgraded invoicing system can be the best thing for your company. Download the WeInvoice electronic invoice template for free, and billing will be easier than ever.
What Is an Electronic Invoice?
An electronic invoice is a document you can send online to let your clients know how much they owe you, how they can pay, and when the deadline is. It’s an improvement to the traditional paper invoice, and it helps you speed up the process significantly.
Nowadays, more and more aspects of our daily activity are handled online. Speed and accuracy are valuable in any field, especially in sales. Whether your company is selling products or services, the need to be paid on time remains the same. Using a digital invoice, you can help regulate your cash flow and keep your finances under control.
The electronic bill is the easiest and fastest way to send the client the information they need to make the payment. That’s why an excellent digital invoice templates is the best tool, especially for small businesses when it’s even more important to receive the money on time.
An electronic invoicing system also helps you keep the records organized, so you can keep track of the payments you are about to receive and those already overdue. It comes in handy when you need to do your taxes. Overall, using the digital invoice helps you handle your accounting much easier.
Types of Electronic Invoices
All electronic invoices have some aspects in common and a few differences that make them more suitable for a particular type of business. Depending on your business’ specific needs, you can opt for a digital invoice that fits your situation. These are the most frequent types of bills in the electronic invoicing system:
- Standard invoice – the most frequently used electronic bill
- Commercial invoice – used in the import business, when dealing with the customs
- Automatic invoice – used for long-term projects or when you need to bill the same client regularly
- Progress invoice – used in longer and more complex projects to cover a particular stage
- Credit invoice – an electronic invoice used when you need to offer a discount or a refund
- Debit invoice – you can use this electronic bill for extra work or products
- Mixed invoice – you can use it to bill and refund a client
- Prepaying invoice – a digital invoice issued in advance for future work
Make an Invoice With WeInvoice
Design your own business invoice and add as many customizations as you need in your invoice. Improve the efficiency of your business by using a quick and easy invoice generator service from WeInvoice.
What Should Be Included in an Electronic Invoice?
Creating a digital invoice is quite easy, and it all starts with downloading the electronic invoice template. Since everything is done electronically, you have a lot more freedom regarding what you can include in the document you create. Basically, it should be all the relevant information your client needs to make the payment without any problems and identify what the invoice represents easily.
To make sure your electronic invoice is complete, these are the elements that must be present:
- Your logo or other branding elements
- Your company’s name and contact information
- The client’s name and contact information
- The number and issue date of your digital invoice
- The due date or term
- If necessary, shipping terms
- A detailed list of the products or services you have provided, and the individual price
- Taxes or discounts
- The total amount due
- Payment terms and accepted methods
You can add anything you consider relevant using the electronic invoice template, but keep in mind that the document has to be clear and reader-friendly. So, don’t add more than necessary.
When you have your own business, especially a small one, it’s crucial to be able to manage all aspects as efficiently as possible. Digitalization makes things a lot easier, so the more you can handle online, the better. An electronic invoicing system is an essential step forward, as it helps you organize your finances better.
The easiest way to issue a digital invoice is with the electronic invoice template you can download from WeInvoice. While you’re there, take a look at the other templates available, as well as the useful invoice generators. These are all tools that can significantly improve your bookkeeping and revenue monitoring.