- What Is an Outstanding Invoice?
- What Is an Invoice?
- What Is a Tax Invoice?
- What Is a Shipping Invoice?
- What Is a Proforma Invoice? Must-Know about Invoicing
- What Does Net 30 Mean on an Invoice?
- What Does FOB Mean on an Invoice?
- What Are the Different Types of Invoices?
- VAT Invoice Template: Get Your Free Sample Now!
- Sales Invoice: A Complete Sales Invoicing Guide
- Purchase Order vs Invoice
- P.O. Number: What It Is & How It Works?
- Is an Invoice the Same as a Bill?
- Invoicing Basics: What Is Invoice Number?
- How to Write an Invoice?
- How to Write an Invoice for Services Rendered?
- How to Write a Winning Invoice Letter?
- How to Recover a Past Due Invoice Professionally?
- How to Print an Invoice?
- How to Make Invoices in OpenOffice?
- How to Make Invoice Number Change Automatically in Excel?
- How to Make an Invoice on Excel?
- How to Make an Invoice in Word?
- How to Make an Invoice in Google Docs?
- How to Make an Invoice?
- How to Make a Simple Invoice?
- How to Make a Service Invoice?
- How to Invoice as a Contractor: A Step-By-Step Guide
- How to Invoice a Company: A Step-By-Step Guide
- How to Design Invoice?
- How to Charge Late Payment Fees?
- Flat Rate vs. Hourly Rate
- Are Invoices Payment Receipts?
- A Stepwise Guide to Process an Invoice
How to Write an Invoice?
‘How to fill out an invoice?’ is a question you must know the answer to. As a business owner or a self-employed professional, invoicing is a skill one must truly excel at. Your invoices reflect your brand ethics and professionalism to your client. This is why you need to make sure that you are using exactly the right invoice template.
Creating the perfect invoice template does not have to be hard or costly. At WeInvoice, you can download an invoice template of your choice for free. There is no need to read a how-to guide, no need to hire an agency, and no need to install any application.
How to Fill out an Invoice?
To fill out an invoice, there are no hard and fast rules to follow. However, there are some little things that you can keep in mind to make sure your invoice gives a good impression of your company.
Here are a few suggestions for filling out an invoice:
- Simplicity is Key: Many people are tempted to use colorful and fancy fonts in their invoices, which is a big mistake. Your invoice should look completely professional and legible.
- Keep a Standard Template: For your client to believe that you are running a professional business, your invoices should have the same standard template. It is not a good idea to change the basic design very often.
- Branding: If you have a registered company name and a company logo, it is always a good idea to use it on the invoice to reflect your brand.
- Refunds and Discounts: Don't forget to mention the discounts and refunds policy for your client to reference.
- Invoice Number: You may find yourself in the need of discussing a particular invoice with a client. To pinpoint the exact invoice you are discussing, an invoice number is a big help.
What Important Information Should Be Included in an Invoice?
In general, an invoice should include the following parts:
- Billing Business Information: The company name, contact address, phone number, and email address. If you do not have a company name, you can use your name as well.
- Client Information: The name of the client/company, address, and phone number.
- Date of Issue: This is important for keeping a tab of the due date as well as for tax purposes.
- Invoice Number: This is crucial for referencing and organizing the invoices.
- Description of Service: Provide the list of the services and products for which you are billing your client, along with the amount of each service.
- Subtotal and Total: Add the cost of each service and product and state the subtotal. If there are any taxes, refunds, or discounts applicable on the subtotal, mention it in the invoice and calculate a final total amount. This is the amount that your client owes you.
- Terms of Payment: Provide the payment method through which the client can pay you, such as cash, PayPal, cheque, etc.
Create Your Invoice at WeInvoice
Making an all-inclusive perfect invoice for your clients is quite easy and simple. You can use WeInvoice’s invoice generator tool and download the template that you think is right for you.
You can fill out an invoice in any way you like. Use this standard template to bill every client satisfactorily. Go ahead and download your favorite template for free right away, only at WeInvoice!