How to Make Invoices in OpenOffice?
Creating an invoice is a day to day task that most business owners have to do. However, it is not difficult to do that. There are many OpenOffice invoice templates that one can do if they are an OpenOffice user.
Having an invoice template means that you do not have to start over the whole process of designing an invoice every time you bill your clients. And when you have the invoice template free of cost, what’s the harm?
Even if you are not an OpenOffice user, you can still download a free invoice template at WeInvoice in a format of your choice and edit it in any application you use. If you are looking for the guide to create invoices in OpenOffice, keep reading below:
What Is OpenOffice?
OpenOffice by Apache is a range of productivity tools that are open-source in nature. It is a free-to-use application that most businesses employ to handle official documents and sheets. It is a preferable option for users as compared to other alternatives like Microsoft Office since the latter requires purchasing licenses while OpenOffice is completely free.
Similar to Microsoft Office, OpenOffice has many integrated tools that let you work with presentations, sheets, documents, and more. Due to its open-source nature, there are many different templates that one can edit and use for free in OpenOffice. Creating invoices in the application works similarly.
WeInvoice provides directly generated invoice templates without having to go through all the unnecessary steps of downloading and using the OpenOffice productivity suite.
How to Create an Invoice in OpenOffice?
- Step 1: Download the OpenOffice productivity suite through their website. Once the application is downloaded, install it on your computer.
- Step 2: Open the OpenOffice productivity suite and choose the OpenOffice Writer application, which is analogous to Microsoft Word. In some versions, you might see a ‘Text Document’ option instead of the Writer one.
- Step 3: Visit the OpenOffice templates page. Enter ‘invoice’ in the search field and search for the keyword. There will be multiple invoice options visible along with a preview image. Click on an invoice of your choosing and download the invoice with the ‘Download template’ button.
- Step 4: In the OpenOffice Writer application, go to ‘File’ >> ‘Open’. Navigate to your downloads folder and open the invoice template that you downloaded in Step 3.
- Step 5:You can make the necessary changes in it and enter any values in the fields available. You can also add your business logo by the ‘Insert’ >> ’Picture’ option.
- Step 6: Once the invoice is ready as per your liking, you can save it to your system. Go to ‘File’ >> ‘Save As’ to save and share the invoice with your clients.
Online Invoice Generator
While creating invoices in OpenOffice is free, there is still a better option you can use. WeInvoice provides an online invoice generator where you can download your invoice template completely free, without even having to install any application.
WeInvoice has a range of invoice templates perfect for every purpose. You can even find a template in your particular business, or use basic templates that work for anyone. The invoices are completely customizable and you can add any fields or logo that you would like. Try WeInvoice today!